20. How to create your own NFT?
NFT is a kind of revolution. Each of us can become the author of this digital asset and successfully sell it. You can even create non-exchangeable tokens on free platforms. Today’s lesson will take the form of a tutorial – step by step, we will tell you how to become an NFT author.
Non transferable token (NFT) – basic information
NFT is a certificate of ownership of a given asset. As you know from previous lessons, it can be a painting, a work of art, music, a collection of famous fashion designers or even the first tweet that appeared on the platform. Tokens are created on the relevant blockchain and platform. With access to blockchain technology and the internet, you can create such work from anywhere in the world. And as you know – NFT trading brings much higher profits than “traditional” sale of works or at least even cryptocurrencies.
The current market of digital assets offers many platforms where we will create and sell our NFT almost for free. Why do we say “almost”? Because they charge a service fee of 2.5% on the price of the NFT sold. Two of the most popular include OpenSea and Rarible. The same goes for cryptocurrency wallets – platforms support many of them. So choose the most beneficial and intuitive one for you.
This is an NFT exchange created by Devin Finzer and Alex Atallah. It is where registered users create, buy and sell their tokens. The exchange is one of the most popular that operates in this industry. So let’s go through the entire process of creating your token on it.
1. We install a cryptocurrency wallet. We import it into the platform using the recovery phrase. If you do not currently have a wallet – create a new one. Just remember all the security rules that apply to this. Create a strong password – you will need it every time you want to connect to it.
2. Connect the wallet to OpenSea. The wallet icon is displayed in the top right corner of the app. This is what you will use to connect your wallet. Select the current one you are using and confirm this connection by following the pop-up notifications.
3. Transfer to the ETH wallet. As we already mentioned, tokens are mainly created using the Ethereum network. Therefore, before we proceed with the creation, we need to have ETH in the wallet, which we will use to pay for gas. After connecting the wallet to OpenSea and transferring a certain amount to ETH, we can see our profile and start creating our first NFT.
4. Creation. At this stage, you can choose whether you want to create a single token or a whole collection right away. By clicking on the “create” icon you will be able to choose the variant that suits you. There is little difference between creating a single NFT or a collection. A collection only requires us to provide more details about it.
5. Details. For each NFT we create, we need to select the corresponding features. Give it a name, special features, supply, blockchain, description, and external reference and define what it is (image, audio, model, artwork etc.).
6. Done. After providing the above token properties, we click “create,” and our first NFT is ready. Be careful to choose the right blockchain. If you want your NFT to be free, at this point choose the Polygon blockchain instead of Ethereum. The next step you can take is to list it for sale.
This is also an NFT exchange, allowing you to create and buy/sell tokens.
1. Wallet. Identical to OpenSea, we install our cryptocurrency wallet. 2. We connect the wallet to the application. Analogically as in the case of the first, discussed exchange.
3. Creation. In the upper right corner, there is a “create” icon. Clicking on it, you will see the options – “create a new NFT” or “many”. The “many” reference is nothing more than the ability to create an entire collection.
4. Blockchain. In the case of the Rarible exchange, it is recommended to choose the Ethereum blockchain.
5. Entering details. Here we also enter the name, description, features, price, and other relevant elements of our NFT.
6. Be careful – before you click the ‘create’ link activate the ‘free edition’ and select the Rarible (RARI) collection to benefit from the free NFT edition. 7. Before activating your NFT, review the details you have entered once more. Make sure everything is in order and click ‘create item’.
8. Done. You already know how to create an NFT on the Rarible platform.
Featured By Binance
This is also another platform where you can successfully create your NFT.
1. Of course, the first step is to connect your cryptocurrency wallet to the Featured By Binance homepage. If we have this step behind us, we click on the “create” icon.
2. We choose the option of a single NFT or a collection, and then upload the digital file.
3. Add a description and other relevant features of our NFT.
To create a token on this platform, we need to have a bit of BNB. With it, we pay the fee for creating our NFT. Make sure that the crypto wallet you own and connect to the app supports this cryptocurrency. Analogy:
1. We go to Marketplace BakerySwap NFT and connect our cryptocurrency wallet to it. All the necessary icons are located in the top right corner.
2. Following the instructions, after connecting the wallet, we click on “Create Artwork” and thus begin the stage of creating our NFT.
3. Step by step we fill in all the information the platform asks us for. These relate to our work of art.
4. With the plus icon we upload the file.
5. Before you click “Create” make sure that you have properly filled in all the information, uploaded the image and agree with the anti-plagiarism declaration.
6. A payment confirmation message will appear in your cryptocurrency wallet, which is the creation fee.
7. Once the fee has been paid, you can view your NFT on the blockchain.
Blockchain and the creation of NFTs
Going step by step through the process of creating an NFT, you’ve managed to notice that there are quite a few blockchains to choose from. The most popular is of course Ethereum, but the gas fee may be prohibitive for some. Then you can use Polygon, Polkadot, Binance Smart Chain, Tron or Tezos. Always look for a cheaper alternative that also gives you a faster transaction.
Platforms for creating NFTs
We’ve covered the four most popular, but it all basically comes down to your own preferences and the blockchain you intend to use to create your NFT. Most platforms create our NFTs in the BEP-721 standard, so from a technical perspective – whichever platform you choose, the token will technically be the same.
For ease of sale, it is a good idea to choose a platform that you are already familiar with. This way you will avoid moving your NFT to another location as soon as it is created.
As you can see, the process of creating an NFT is extremely simple. The market offers us many platforms that are easy to use and intuitive, even for the grey user. So, if you have an idea or know a lot about graphics – try it, maybe you will create the next project that will win the hearts of NFT geeks. Good luck with your NFT creation!
Use the acquired knowledge in practice on Kanga Exchange